Friday, April 29, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Greetings again my faithful readers.  Today's recipe is brought to you by my incredibly talented and extremely beautiful girlfriend Katie Canavan.

I wanted to make something soup'ish that would we could both bring into work for lunch.  The house favorite is usually chili, but that is way too hearty for spring.  Katie suggested chicken tortilla soup, which is one of my favorites, so I eagerly agreed.

I jumped onto allrecipes.com and found this tasty version.  This recipe is super easy to make and relatively cheap considering it has fed at least one of us for four days now.

Pictured above, Bottom to Top:  Chicken Tortilla Soup, Monterrey Jack Cheese, Green Onions, slice of Avocado.
Not Pictured:  Corn tortilla chips
Katie's not as big of a fan of hot spice as I am, so the only variation I made to this recipe was, instead of the jalapenos called for, I used an orange pepper and added some chipotle spice for a little kick.

This soup is quite delicious, especially if you're as much a fan of Mexican food as we are.  The cilantro really infuses quite well with the soup and you get a little taste of it with each bite.

Until next time, devoted followers, love and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment