Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spinach-Artichoke Ravioli-Lasagna

Wow. So the last time I posted was about mine and Katie's trip to LA from nearly a year ago to this day.

This may come as a shock to many of you, but I tend to be a little lazy. About the weirdest things too. Yeah I'll MAKE the food, but to write maybe a few hundred words, take a couple pictures and form an opinion? Too much can't be bothered.

Anyway, tonight's recipe was courtesy of the Food Network. Rachel Ray's Spinach-Artichoke Ravioli-Lasagna.

As usual, the master of lighting strikes again. End result wasn't quite this yellow.
The recipe is as delicious as it sounds (and more delicious then the picture makes it appear).

Rachel does some fun things like adding lemon zest and nutmeg to your ricotta cheese and it offers a subtle taste that works well with the rest of the ingredients. I wish I would've let it bake maybe a little longer, I like my lasagna to have a little crust to it.

Overall, tastes great and it's easy to make. Unless you're having/going to a dinner party and are strapped for time, I'd suggest avoiding the packaged ravioli. It's incredibly expensive. If/when I make this recipe again I'll probably use some fresh mushrooms and other vegetables and just use traditional lasagna noodles.

See y'all next time! Hopefully not a year from now...

Love and PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment