Saturday, May 19, 2012

Strawberry and Golden Raspberry Pancakes and Bacon

Quick post this morning.



Katie and I have been looking for a decent substitute to Gene's Sausage Shop back in Chicago. I went searching on Yelp this morning and found Handy Market of Burbank.

As a market, I'm not overly fond of it. It's not the cheapest and there's not a giant selection of organic or natural products outside of the butcher/deli and produce. Their meat selection isn't quite as large as Gene's but it all looked great.

We got their thick cut bacon today and Katie and I practically died. This may be the best bacon I've had in my life. Perfectly crisp, fatty but not terribly so, and just salty enough. If you're in the Burbank area, I highly suggest dropping in and getting some for your weekend brunch or breakfast.

I don't want to undersell the pancakes, they were also good, I used fresh strawberries and golden raspberries that I got from the Burbank Farmer's Market. I'm just not sure anything can stand in comparison to that bacon.

They also cook BBQ all Saturday and sell it on a truck just outside of the shop. On a future Saturday I can see stopping for that BBQ with maybe pick up some of their craft beer's. Sound good to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment